Prayer Request & Praise
- Pray for the Rhino Youth Home. There is a potential South African couple who is interested in serving as dorm parents for the boys’ side of the home. We need God’s guidance and wisdom. This could be a major step in the right direction for the home.
- Our son Luke has found a good job and is getting settled here in America. Pray for him as he takes these next steps and pray for us as we leave him here.
- Missionaries Noah & Tristan Wilkerson’s little girl Alainey has been progressing well. She just had her first lip surgery to help repair the cleft lip and pallet. This first of many surgeries seems to have gone very well.
- Pray for Jason and Charity Rishel, missionaries to Burkina Faso. They will be starting their furlough at the end of April. Pray especially for Charity with the pregnancy of her next child. They would be a great couple to have in if you are wanting to add who you partner with.
- It was an honor to be a part of my son Chase’s ordination this past month. He and his wife Ashley leave for South Africa on May 31st as full time missionaries. Pray for them as they set up and get ready to start language school.
- I just left from Mozambique yesterday for a survey trip with the Barton family who are current interns in South Africa. Noah Wilkerson, and Gabe Chedid, a student with the Our Generation Training Center, is also with me on this trip.
- We are now in Ethiopia on our way to Burkina Faso and will be visiting our VBM missionaries there. I’m looking forward to being with these families and seeing their ministries.
Being back in the States has been a fruitful time of raising more funds for the ministry in South Africa and we still have a few more weeks to go. I’m also encouraged by those who have shown interest in visiting South Africa for short term mission trips or internships. Outside of seeing our kiddos, our main goals involved these two areas.
Once I return from Mozambique and Burkina Faso, Amy and I will be getting ready for Vision Baptist Mission’s annual orientation. We have several new families on or starting deputation that we look forward to seeing. Our mission orientation has quickly become one of my highlights for the year. It’s exciting to see the Lord raise up a new group of missionaries to share Jesus with the world.
Currently, VBM has missionaries in or going to South Africa, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, and Benin. We are praying the Lord will raise up many more missionaries for these countries and the remaining 49 countries in Africa.