Prayer Requests & Praise
- We have a new teen girl, Asanda (pictured below), who has come into the Rhino Youth Home. She has been a faithful teen at one of our churches for many years but was kicked out of her abusive home a couple of weeks ago. She’s had to grow up in a very rough environment and we’re glad we can provide a safe haven for her. Pray for her as she adjusts and pray the Lord will use her in a big way.
- Please be praying for the missions team coming from Southside Baptist Church in Knoxville, TN next month. During their mission trip, they will also be helping with our winter teen camp at Camp Rhino.
- Please pray for my daughter Emilee who will be raising money for her 6-month internship in Argentina soon. This internship will be the last part of her bachelor’s degree from the Our Generation Training Center. She plans to leave for her internship in February.
- During the first week of June, Amy and I will be traveling to Nigeria to visit our missionaries, Graham and Olivia Young. We’re looking forward to being with them and seeing the city they plan to start their first church in. Please keep them and the country of Nigeria in your prayers. It’s the largest populated country on the continent of Africa with very few missionaries. Pray for more laborers.
- Listed are a few of the larger needs we have for Camp Rhino and the Youth Home. Pray the Lord will provide as He would like us to add them: additional Boys’ & Girls’ dorms $25,000 per dorm; Wood/Trades Work Shop Tools & Counters $8000; Tractor loader and backhoe $25,000; 15-passenger van $25,000.
Being back home here at Camp Rhino, at our churches, and at my bible studies these past few days has been very refreshing. We really miss our children in America, but we’re very glad to be back in South Africa.
At the end of May, we have a new intern, Noah, coming for 8 months that will be helping with the camp. He’s also here to see if this would be something the Lord would have him do full-time. Pray for the Lord to use and direct him during his time here. With his help, we’re looking forward to improving a lot of areas in the coming weeks.
As I’ve traveled to a few countries this past month in Africa, I’m challenged even more by the great need. My hope is that our team and ministries here in South Africa will help raise up and train new missionaries that will not only help us here in South Africa but be an evangelistic force all over Africa. There are so many great opportunities before us to start Bible-preaching churches, but the need for laborers is great.