This past week, our teen discipleship meeting went in a different direction. As we were starting our study, 3 men came into the home of the church members where we have been meeting and robbed us at gunpoint. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but they did get away with my MacBook and iPhone along with my son, Luke’s iPhone and about $300. Pray we can replace some of these things ASAP. My family keeps making fun of me for saying “Hey Siri” anticipating a response from my phone that I no longer have. I really do use my phone and computer in almost every part of our ministry though:)
It’s hard to believe we only have 2 months left in 2019. It amazes me that so much has taken place, yet I can be overwhelmed at times at how much more we have to do. I can say through it all, we are having a fantastic time seeing God work. What a privilege it is to be in the Lord’s work. Thank you all for making that possible.
Prayer Requests & Praise
- What we are calling our Christmas Camp is from Dec. 10th-13th. We need help sponsoring campers to offset expenses at $50 per camper. We are preparing for 100 teen campers for the first camp of the summer season. Click here to donate via PayPal.
- Pray for many to come to Christ during year-two of Camp Rhino.
- 8 of our teens were with my son Luke and me when I was robbed this week along with 2 other faithful adults from our church. Pray the Lord uses this in our lives to help us be more serious concerning eternity.
- We received great news this week regarding property for a possible medical clinic. It looks like our district is going to give us a terrific piece of property to use for the clinic at a great price. Please continue to pray as we go forward with the idea of starting our own full-time medical clinic here in South Africa.
Quick Updates & Reminders:
- We are short about $3,000 of the $20,000 needed to complete the new dorm-style cabins at Camp Rhino. The roof is going on this week, but we still lack the doors and electrical systems. Please be praying as we also need to prepare the space we will be using for the main auditorium.
- We just passed the one year anniversary of when we first purchased the property for Camp Rhino. So far this year we’ve seen over 60 professions of faith through our camp events. We’re praying and hoping for even greater results during this next year.
- Contact me in you’re interested in a missions trip to South Africa. We would love to have you. You can join a group or bring your own. We are booked for groups for the Summer months of 2020 but have room for individuals and off months. We are also scheduling for 2021 and 2022. Come experience Camp Rhino for yourself.
- It looks like we will be in the States next year for my oldest son’s wedding, probably from April to June. I will also be using that time to raise extra support to help with our current and future ministries. If you would like to have us in during that time please just let me know.