2020 was the year we planned to open up Camp Rhino to year round camps. Unfortunately, those plans didn’t work out like we wanted for obvious reasons, but 2021 is looking much brighter.
We held our first teen and junior camps in January and just finished another teen and singles camp at the end of April. This is the first time we’ve had a camp outside of our summer months which we hope will be our new normal. We had a much better turnout than we anticipated with 105 campers and 14 workers. We were stacking kids on top of each other because of our shortage of beds:)
While a lot of countries are still shut down to travel, we’re very glad to know that South Africa is still open. We have a group coming in June for a 10-day trip and also a large group from Medical Missions Outreach coming in September. We are hoping to be completely booked with mission teams in 2022. If you or your church group is interested in visiting South Africa, we would love to have you.
Please continue praying for our 4 church plants as we continue reaching our communities.
Prayer Requests & Praise
- This past week we had our first Fall Break Teen Camp here at Camp Rhino. We had over 100 campers and 9 of them trusted Christ as their Savior.
- We also hosted our very first Single’s Camp. This was geared more toward our church young people, but we did have one young man who trusted in Christ.
- Please pray as we plan for the construction of Phase 2 for Camp Rhino. In phase 2 we would like to build a lodge, a large meeting space, and several cabins that can be used for couple retreats and visiting groups. We are probably going to need around $200,000 for these projects.
- My short trip back to the States went very well. I was able to teach during our VBM Orientation and also present our ministry in a couple of new churches. During the Orientation, it was a privilege to be with such a great group of missionaries who are eager to reach the world with the Gospel.
- Robert Canfield, Director of the Our Generation Training Center in Alpharetta, GA, brought three students for a two-week trip after I returned from the States. During their trip, we traveled by car to the countries of Mozambique and Swaziland, while also visiting Durban, South Africa’s third-largest city.
- We are in need of 40 beds and mattresses for Camp Rhino. We have the dorm space but don’t quite have enough beds. Each bunk bed is about $300, which in total will be about $6000 if you would be interested in helping us with this need.