Prayer Requests and Praise
- Please be in prayer for my wife Amy. She has lost about 50% of her hearing over the last couple of months. This week we found out the cause and the solution of her hearing loss. Amy needs to have surgery on both ears. If the surgery is successful she would regain 90% of her hearing. We’re trying to decide the best place for her to have surgery right now. If we stay here in South Africa, the surgery would be in August.
- Pray for our mission teams coming to South Africa this summer. Pastors Aaron Smith and Scott Young just left, and we currently have Newton Baptist Church with us. We will have three more teams in July.
- As many of you know, I had viral meningitis a few weeks back and had to be in the hospital for a few days. The worse of it is over, but some of the side effects are lingering a bit more than I was expecting. It’s nothing serious, but the main problem is that I get tired really easy and have little energy before the day is over. Please pray I can get past this and be energized for the ministry ahead.
Quick Updates & Reminders:
- My son Tyler is now in Argentina on his six month internship. Pray he has a great and productive time in South America.
- We are in great need for staff housing here at Camp Rhino. I need to raise about $20,000 in the next weeks to get us where we need to be. Pray we can complete the facilities we need soon.
- Our hopes are to have at least one full week of camp in July. If we can work out housing for our staff, that won’t be a problem. If we can’t we will probably have a few camp days where we bus in the teens.
New Life Baptist Church is going well. We have four students currently enrolled in our Bible College and the church is maturing.
Because of problems at one of our sister churches, our pastoral team is spreading out to pastor both churches at the same time.
Right after services at New Life, Pastor Sipho, Khona (assistant pastor in training), and Mvume (song leader) will be driving over to Wells Estates Baptist Church and starting services. We will also hold midweek services at Wells Estates on Thursdays.
We are planning to start Bible institute classes in both churches this year for the growth of both congregations. Pray for our team as we continue to ministry and see both churches prosper.
Thank you all for your prayers and financial support. It’s an honor to serve our Savior in South Africa and to be able to partner with you all in the ministry.