- The start of Bay Baptist College
- More laborers
- VBS this coming week
- Language learning
- Plans for ministry expansion in the next few months
God has blessed New Life Baptist Church. Our best Sunday this past month we saw three people (one older lady and two teens) come forward and put their faith in Christ. The following service all three of those people were back in church. The week before that Sunday we had a high attendance in our Friday youth meeting with 25 teens. Josh and Meagan Sullivan, our six month interns, have been a big help in the teen meetings since they arrived at the first of June. We are already looking forward to them being here as full time missionaries.
With best weeks also comes the not so best as far as church attendance. Usually here in South Africa the not so best weeks are during Holiday time, the time students are out of school for winter break. Although this is a usually a low time for attendance in all our churches, it’s a great time for extra evangelistic events and mentoring time with our young preachers in training. This past week our pastors held a week long Youth Meeting (pictured above) at Wells Estate Baptist Church were they saw 5 people make professions of faith. Also this coming week we will have a children’s VBS type program from Tuesday through Friday. One of young guys, Yanga Gentzu, will be to gain some good ministry experience as he is preaching every day.
- Hannah Peabody will be leaving this week after finishing up her 1-month internship.
- Amy and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary on June 24. We’re actually doing more of the celebrating part next week hopefully.
- Emilee, my oldest daughter, turned 13
- We praise the Lord that all the financing has come in to finish phase 1 at New Life Baptist Church and for the Pastor’s apartment at Madiba Bay Baptist Church. We are so grateful for those that helped with both of these projects.
- Please pray that the Lord would direct us in the right area to buy property for our future training center.
- Baptistry for New Life- $350