Our family hopes everyone had a terrific Christmas and want to wish everyone a happy new year. We are thankful for your involvement that allows us to do the work of the ministry. It’s hard to believe 2014 is coming to an end, but we are excited about what is before us. As we look back, there are things we could have done better, but are thankful for opportunities to make changes and improvements in every area of ministry.
As we look ahead to 2015, we pray the Lord allows us to participate in many church planting endeavors that we were hoping for in 2014. There are a couple of young preachers that are close to stepping out. I know God can use them in a great way to see His kingdom advance.
We have now been in South Africa about a year and a half. The time has passed quickly and it’s a reminder that there is a lot to do and little time to do it in. The labor that has gone on in Madiba Bay Baptist Church, Wells Estates Baptist Church, and Servants of Christ Baptist Church is just the beginning. So much more has to be done to reach the million and more people here in Port Elizabeth, and the countless others in Southern Africa.
Pray for open doors and boldness as we seek to please Him in advancing the Gospel.
- Amy and I as we continue learning the Xhosa language.
- For the two singles pastors to find good wives and for the three married pastors to have strong marriages that will impact future generations.
- Stephen Underwood and Jason King families that are on deputation for South Africa.
- A builder is giving us an estimate on laying the foundation for New Life Baptist Church this week. The waiting to start building seems to be coming to an end.
- Amy and kids are doing great.
- Plans have been made for our first pastors fellowships, teen camps, couples retreats, and pastors school this coming year. Please keep these events in your prayers as we hope to see maturity and involvement increase.
- $600 for the water and sewer hook-ups for New Life Baptist.
- Approx. $6500 needed to build the first building phase for New Life Baptist Church. $3800 has come in so far.