- Our family, as we are dealing with the loss of 3 close loved ones in the past 9 days
- Safety for our family as we travel to and from South Africa
- New Life Baptist Church- We were hoping to have an Easter service, but still haven’t obtained a place to start.
- Extra unexpected expenses for traveling
- My grandmother went to be with the Lord on Easter morning. I was on a plane to the US 6 hours after hearing the news.
- Allison Clapp, a close family friend, went to be with the Lord on April 28th.
- Amy’s grandfather went to be with the Lord on April 29th, Amy is flying from South Africa with the kids this week.
- Missionaries Brent & Selina Bergey arrived in PE for their survey trip. They plan to start an orphanage in the next few years.
On Easter morning I received a phone call from my mom from the states, and immediately knew my grandmother had passed away. She had suffered a brain aneurism a week earlier and we were told it was just a matter of time. My cousin Kevin Hall and I caught a plane and flew back to the states for the service.
A week later, we received very unexpected news of a dear lady from our home church passing away, Mrs. Allison Clapp. Mrs. Allison was like a second mom to my two older boys, Tyler & Chase, especially since the loss of their mother a little over a year ago.
Thinking the hardest of the news was over, yesterday as I was walking into Hamilton Medical Center to see my wife’s grandfather before his surgery, my father-in-law let me know that “Pappy” was already gone.
As I spoke with my wife, who was still in South Africa, we weren’t sure what to do. With neither of us wanting to leave the kids in South Africa without a parent, we decided to have them all fly back to the states to attend the funeral. They will arrive on May 2nd, and we are all set to fly back to South Africa on May 19th.
Today, Chase, our second to the oldest, is having wires removed from his ankle from his break last month, and tomorrow, May 1st , Amy and the kids jump on a plane to head this way. Please pray all goes well, and please continue to pray for our family during this time.