Praise the Lord, we had 4 Baptized last week and will have 1 more baptized tomorrow. We just completed the construction of our baptistry and are happy to put it to use. We are starting to gain traction in the area of faithful people making the right steps in their Christian life. As our core group is faithfully attending services and discipleship classes, real growth is taking place at New Life Baptist.
Josh and Meagan Sullivan have been here for the last 6 month’s as interns working with our teens, and also going through language school. They left this week to start full time deputation to come back to South Africa as missionaries. Pray for them as the work to get back. We are praying the Lord will bring us many more young families to help reach the people of South Africa. The opportunities here are wide open. Maybe you would consider coming to help.
December begins summer holidays where many people go back to their homeland for a month or so. Our Bible Institute will be put on hold until January, but we will use this time to really invest in the young people that won’t be traveling. We pray, that as we begin, the summer with our teen camp, many of these young people will make life changing decisions that we can build upon during the summer months.
- The Sullivan Family as they raise support to come back to South Africa
- New Church Plant in Soweto
- Teen Camp (Dec. 7-11)
- Pastor Tom Hatley from Fellowship Baptist in Maryville, Tn, visited this month with his daughter and another member from their church. Pastor Hatley has been a great friend in the ministry. He was a great encouragement during his time here.
- Pastors Austin Gardner & Robert Canfield from my home church visited this month, along with my mission’s Director Jeff Bush. They were a help challenging our people and all the preachers to be men and women of the Book.
- $1550 for youth camp. Three families will be trying to raise this amount to cover the cost of our very first teen camp here in Port Elizabeth. (120 campers approx.)
- $10,000 to start Soweto Baptist Church. We have a small building but are already in need of more space. The group that will leave from New Life to start the church will already fill up that space.
One Response to “Coffey Family November 2015 Prayer Letter”