- That we find the right piece of land for Wells Estates Baptist Church
- For Amy and I to learn the language
- For two of the pastors we are helping go full time: Pastor Thami & Pastor Ntobeko
- For our missions teams coming in June and July
- All travel expenses of our trip back to the states were covered. It was exciting seeing how God provided.
- Land found and purchased for New Life Baptist Church in Kwadwesi. Hoping to begin construction on the building this month.
- Back to language school- It’s amazing how much Xhosa a person can forget in month.
- Approx. $8,000 needed to build the first building for New Life Baptist Church
- Still looking for land for Wells Estates Baptist. We have $5500 for this need but will probably need $6000 more.
- Around the same amount of $8000 will be needed for Wells Estates Baptist Church.
We arrived back to South Africa on May 21st after a month of funerals in the states. Please continue to pray for my family as we are still dealing with the losses.
It is great to be home and back in the middle of everything.
In the first week back, Pastor Sipho found a nice piece of land for the new church, and we were able to buy that within a few days.
Our next land search is for Wells Estates Baptist. They’ve been asked to find a new location and could be told to vacate the premises any day. We have some options but need your prayers for wisdom and the remaining finances. (Continue reading below)
With the purchase of permanent property comes the need for a permanent building. We are having building plans drawn up that we are hoping to use for all the new churches. This will help us better know the cost for future building projects and save us from having to pay for new building plans each time. The layout includes a small prophet’s chamber for the pastor’s family, an Auditorium that will hold about 80 people, bathrooms, and 3 Sunday school rooms. Above is our rough draft we believe will cost around $8000.