We’re entering Summer time here in South Africa. Things start to slow down in the country with many people traveling back to their homelands and businesses shutting down for the holiday season. During this time we usually see a reduction in church attendance but are praying we reach new people who have no place to go for the holidays.
The country may be slowing down but the ministry isn’t. December is the start of our summer camps at Camp Rhino.
New things are being added now for camp this year including 3 new large mud pits that will add in new competitions. It will be a muddy time for sure. We’re also introducing a new (rented) giant water slide for our swimming pool. I believe the kids will be amazed as they drive onto our property in a few days.
Pray as we seek to impact these young people through the preaching and teaching of God’s word. Pray for our counselors as they mentor their cabins. They are the key to a successful week of camp.
Prayer Request & Praise
- Pray for our son Chase and his wife Ashley as they are working to get back to South Africa. They are having visa issues and are anxiously wanting to return to continue their language school studies.
- Several from Rocklands High School trusted Christ during their 15 days at Camp Rhino. Pray as we work to minister to these students and be praying for the Senior class that plans to be at Camp Rhino next year for 30 days preparing for their final exams.
- We have three adults planning to be baptized this Sunday at Lighthouse Baptist Church. Pray as we want to see spiritual and physical growth in all the churches we work with.
- Pray for Nate and Emilee Wilkerson who are heading to Benin, West Africa in January. They are the first missionaries with our mission board to enter this needy country. We are looking forward to new territory opening up to the Gospel.
- December 12-14 marks our summer junior camp, and our summer teen camp is scheduled for January 9-12. We are seeking a sponsor for each of our campers, with the cost of the camp approximately $50 per person. We anticipate having over 200 campers during our two camps, which will amount to a total cost of around $5000. Your help is very much appreciated.
- My daughter Emilee, has raised all the funds for her upcoming 6-month internship in Argentina. This internship is the final step in her bachelor’s degree from the Our Generation Training Center. I want to thank everyone who has prayed and given to help make this trip possible. Please continue to pray as she heads to Argentina in February.
Sponsor a child for camp through PayPal.
Sponsor a child for camp through Vision Baptist Missions.