With summer camp season over, our crowds at Camp Rhino haven’t been as big, but we’re still busy as ever. We’re using this down time to improve things around the camp which will make it safer for campers and staff. Not to mention our Bible College and Bible Institute classes are in full swing.
Currently, we’re installing a new surveillance system that will help with security and accountability. We are also installing an intercom system that’s going to be very helpful in moving people around more efficiently and allows us to play good music and messages over the entire campus during downtimes.
All improvements are possible because of your generous donations. Thank you all for playing a huge part. We would really love for you to visit Camp Rhino sometime so you can see everything for yourself.
We are continuing with our weekend youth mentoring program. New Life Baptist Church is bringing a group of teens to the camp this week for an overnight retreat. We are also planning a parents’ camp day where we invite all the parents of campers to check out the Camp. Most of these parents do not go to church and will be hearing the Gospel during their time here. Pray that lives will be impacted during these events.
Prayer Request & Praise
- Pray for me as I travel back to the States next week to teach at our annual orientation with Vision Baptist Missions. Pray for Amy as she holds things down here at Camp Rhino with the kiddos while I’m gone. I do have a Wednesday evening service available along with Easter Sunday if you would like me to come by your church during this time.
- We are planning now for the construction of our Camp Rhino Lodge. This will be the place teams from America stay during mission trips and will also be the housing for our couple retreats and camps. Pray that we’ll have the wisdom and the finances we need going forward. This will be a very large project.
- Pray for Nate and Emily Wilkerson as they arrived in Burkina Faso, West Africa to begin their language studies this past month. They have the opportunity to serve and learn under missionaries Jason and Charity Rishel.
- Pray for Mvume Johnson and the Lighthouse Baptist Church, our 2nd church. Our Friday youth meetings have doubled in size over the past few weeks. We are hoping that many will come to Christ soon.
- Noah & Tristan Wilkerson finished their internship and were accepted as new missionaries to the country of Mozambique with Vision Baptist Missions. Pray for them as they begin raising support and please consider having them in your church to present their ministry. You definitely won’t regret it.
- We’ve had 3 young people trust Christ at our 4th church plant this month, Vision Baptist Church with Pastor Sipho Bonga. Here we are also starting Sunday morning services on Easter. Before we’ve only had evening services on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Pastor Khona is having Bible studies with those who trusted Christ last month. He and his wife Iminathi are doing a great job there at Nkandla Baptist Church. Pray for this dear family and for more souls to be saved.