This month comes with sadness and joy. Lisolethu, a 17-year-old boy who lived at our Youth Home for over 2 years, quickly passed away from Spinal Meningitis. His funeral was held this past Saturday. We praise the Lord that Liso made a profession of faith and I believe we’ll see him again soon. Even after leaving the Youth Home this past December, he continued being faithful to church and inviting his friends to church. Liso will be missed very much.
There are many just like Liso who die young but don’t have a Bible-preaching church in their community. We must keep going, and we must continue raising up more people to reach the billions who still haven’t heard a clear presentation of the Gospel. I pray Liso’s death will be a catalyst for many to be more serious about reaching the lost.
This has been a hard time for our team at Camp Rhino, our churches, and also my family. We were all very close to Liso, and being so far away from the ministry during this time has also been more difficult. Thankfully we return to South Africa tomorrow.
Prayer Request & Praise
- Pray for our family as we return to South Africa tomorrow, April 27th. We look forward to being home, but leaving our son Luke on this side will be hard. We arrived in South Africa in 2013 with all five of our children and now we’re returning with just one, our 12-year-old daughter Addison.
- Pray for Nate and Emily Wilkerson with the birth of their beautiful new daughter Alaska. I was privileged to be in Burkina Faso when she was born a few weeks ago. Also, pray for the Wilkersons as they finish language school and head to the country of Benin soon.
- With the death of Liso, I’m burdened with the work of our Youth Home now more than ever. Pray as we continue ministering to the teens we have and pray that we will have wisdom in accepting new ones.
- Congratulations to my son Luke who just proposed to his girlfriend Adriana Bush. Luke and Adri have been dating for quite some time and we are thrilled about Adria being a part of our family. Their plan is to get married this coming September.
- My trip to Mozambique and Burkina Faso was fantastic. I’m excited about the potential our new missionary team has in Mozambique and I was blown away by the work our missionaries are doing in Burkina Faso. God is using them to make an amazing impact in their cities.
- Last week I was honored to be a part of Vision Baptist Mission’s annual orientation. We have a good number of new missionaries heading to the field soon. Getting to spend time with these new missionaries is one of my favorite weeks of the year. Please pray for them.
2 Responses to “Coffey Family April 2023 Prayer Letter”